WP7 Double tap image to zoom in/out

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I've been using this library with an app with great results ,excellent implementation.  One behavior I would like to emulate is double tapping the image to zoom in, then double tap again to zoom out.  This behavior is simular to the web browser or when viewing images in the picture hub on WP7.  Is it possible to do this now?  If so how? 

Thanks!  Again, great project!

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Hi Brian,

thanks for the kind words, much appreciated :)

At this time you can achieve this functionality by modifying directly the code of the behavior, intercepting the events and then applying zooming when double tap is recognized.

Another option could be the usage of the "GestureListener" available in Windows Phone Toolkit: it exposes a "DoubleTap" event you could use to control the behavior via the "Move" method, however I've not yet tested this scenario.

I'm also thinking about adding more interactivity and gestures to this behavior, but I've not timeframes at the moment.

Thanks,

Davide

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Hi Davidezordan,

as you mentioned, "you can achieve this functionality by modifying directly the code of the behavior, intercepting the events and then applying zooming when double tap is recognized", is it mean to change some code in MultiTouchProcessor.cs file?

could you please give additional more specific clue? Thanks:)

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Hi diligentpig, The code to handle Touch and manipulation events is all available in the 'MultiTouchManipulationBehavior.cs' file :) Thanks, Davide
Aug 5, 2011 at 7:00 AM

Hi,

did you managed to implement a double tap zoom?

I'm also trying the same but no success...

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Hi,

I've just added a sample of double tap zoom in the source code section, changeset 81647.

Thanks,

Davide