Touch not getting released on WP7

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Hello,

I was testing this project on a WP7 device and noticed that often when doing two-finger gestures (slide, rotate), one of the two fingers doesn't get "released" after stopping the gesture. It's specifically obvious when setting AreFingersVisible to true - one of the two dots simply doesn't go away anymore. Afterwards, one-finger gestures (move) causes a rotate (probably because the framework thinks the other finger is still being used as well).

I was surprised to find that this issue wasn't brought up before, since it seems to happen quite often during my testing. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Filip.

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Hi Filip, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, this is a known issue and seems related to the Touch.FrameReported not always firing a "Up" action when points are released. Thanks, Davide
Dec 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Is there a workaround for this? It kind of ruins the whole deal doesn't it?

Coordinator
Dec 31, 2010 at 4:04 PM
Working on it, hope to have a workaround available asap. Thanks, Davide
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM

While waiting for a fix for Touch.FrameReported not releasing touch points I've posted a workaround in changeset 71522 and release 0.6.2, feedback is very much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Davide

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Wow, that was pretty fast. I'll give it a go later today (or tomorrow depending on the festivities ;-)) and I'll let you know how it works out!

Thanks,
Filip. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Seems to work perfect now. I haven't had alot of time to play around with it yet but this looks very promising!

Thanks for your swift reply,
Filip.